FEST Tannin Reduction Series removes iron, hardness and tannins. “Tea” color is removed from water by an anion resin designed exclusively to remove tannin. A brine solution is automatically flushed through the system every few days to clean the resin of iron, hardness and tannin. Dead vegetation is responsible for the tannin causing tea color. Although not harmful the discoloration is obnoxious. Back-lighted display shows time of day and gallons remaining before regeneration. A constantly recharging battery maintains the time of day setting during power outages for up to two weeks. All other settings are permanently stored.
• No Chemicals. A chemical regenerant is not required.
• No In-Line Venturi to Plug or Adjust.
• No Air Compressor. The noise and expense of compressors are eliminated.
• No Air Release Valve Required.• Small Footprint. Small footprint allows for ease of installation.
• Rugged Mechanical Piston Valve. No solenoids or flapper valves to stick.
• Full Flow Bypass Valve. Simple to use valve allows you to bypass the unit for lawn sprinkling or during filter maintenance.
• Light Weight. Catalytic filter media weight 66 lb./cu. ft.