Tannic acid causes a brown or yellow tint in water. This “ice tea” color is reduced greatly or eliminated when water flows through an NT Series unit. Tannic acid is caused by dead vegetation and is found in water sources near swamps or where swamps existed sometime in the past. Although not a health issue the color is obnoxious.
NT Series water softeners not only remove color associated with tannins but also soften and remove iron. Regeneration is initiated by the control valve’s time clock. Typically regeneration occurs at 2 am, every three or four days.
1. Initial cost savings. No need to purchase three different units. NT Softeners reduce hardness, iron and color caused by tannic acid.
2. Regeneration is accomplished with salt. No dangerous chemicals required.
3. Rugged motorized piston valve controls the system.
4. Stainless steel, single handle bypass valve.
5. Safety brine valve prevents messy overflow of the salt tank.
6. Multi-level salt shelf allows the use of inexpensive water softener salt.